I am either The Best, or The Absolute Worst nanny ever! (We’re still working on his Vulcan salute)
Q:NONO, DON'T FEEL WORTHLESS, YOU ARE INCREDIBLY NICE, LOVELY AND REALLY FUCKING AWESOME!! i'm really sorry your therapy dog cannot "therapy dog" correctly, but if you ever need something i'm always here to help! *gives you a huge koala hug and some warm cookies*
OMG I LOVE YOU <3 <3 <3
She is not actually a therapy dog so perhaps that is the problem. I thought the regular snuggling and comforting was covered in the basic-model dog, but she is more of a fair-weather snuggler. She is an excellent Star Trek-watching companion, though.
(Here she is posing with my Porthos & Spot valentine from trektweets!)
Just saw this! Soo Cute! <3
So I wrote and am currently illustrating a Trek version of “If you give a mouse a cookie” for this blog (so completely free/ making zero profits).
If I print and sell copies.. is that legal? Am I violating any Trek or “If you give a mouse a cookie” copyright stuff???
Anyone here experienced with fair use / parody / zines etc who can chime in here?
I did reply in comments but I’ll reply again here since it might not be readable.
I’m not an expert since I’ve only taken an introductory unit but in my understanding - while you have it for zero profit it is all fine to do. Once you start selling and making money for yourself off of the back of copyrighted works it can be legally questionable under international copyright law. Though there are exceptions I don’t think this would come under them, but again I’m not certain.
Can any of my other legal buddies help???
If you’re blatantly using copyrighted characters in the illustrations (or recognizable copyrighted things like the comm badges and what have you) then I’m pretty sure at that point it would be a violation of copyright to sell copies. I’m not 100% on that, but from how I’ve had it explained to me that’s what it seems to be. If it’s like a knock off (like, the uniforms look Trek but there’s no copyrighted characters present and you don’t rip direct lines from the book) you’re probably in the clear.
A good place to ask would be fyeahcopyright! They’re really awesome and helpful with copyright law!
Thank You so much everybody! Youre the best!!! (voteforfood I got your answer too.) Thanks!
If it cant be sold I’ll most likely just be posting this on Tumblr for free.
I will definitely be asking fyeahcopyright for their input. But I’m just wondering how Fan Fiction using original characters is sold? ..and books like Goodnight Ipad?
- So I wrote and am currently illustrating a Trek version of "If you give a mouse a cookie" for this blog (so completely free/ making zero profits).
- If I print and sell copies.. is that legal? Am I violating any Trek or "If you give a mouse a cookie" copyright stuff???
Follow Denise Here!
Happy Birthday to Mr. Nimoy!!!
Q:(Hi! Thank you for the reply--unfortunately it wouldn't let me look at what you sent? Could you maybe send me the link again? I would like to see. :) Thank you!)
Robert Beltran recently joined Twitter! And he’s Awesome!
Follow him here!
Tweeting illustrated Tumblr posts based off the Tweets of Star Trek Casts members…
(Somehow still less complicated than the Tasha Yar/Sela storyline.)
Q:7! (star trek ones of course! or you as a self-insert?)
Oh man I feel so new to the Trek game sometimes.. just had to look up OC on Urban Dictionary! … Anyways my fave OC I think would be:
A Romulan/Human/Android daughter of Sela and Lore. Biologically Im not sure how it would happen, but Im sure 24th century science could figure something out! She would be super sassy, bad ass, and oh so evil! Sort of a mini Borg Queen.
Artist asks GO!
- 1: Take a picture of your workspace.
- 2: Show your pencilcase and what's inside.
- 3: Show a thing you last drew, no matter how small or a "doodle" it is.
- 4: Lineart or coloring?
- 5: Who/what inspires you?
- 6: Draw a same pic with your dominant and non-dominant hand.
- 7: Do you have any OCs?
- 8: Do you listen to music when you draw? Favorites?
- 9: Favorite thing to draw?
- 10: Least favorite thing to draw?
- 11: Draw a pic of yourself like how you look just now.
- 12: Any weird artist behaviour you admit doing?
Q:9, 11, 12 :)
9. I love drawing Trek stuff of course!… but I actually really love doing children’s book illustration, and political illustration (which i haven’t done since art school)
11. How I look right now. (My life is basically a constant Spock Dance Party)
12. I get super messy when I paint/draw… And I don’t clean up until the project is complete or I give up on it. ..Pretty much the worst roommate ever!